Wednesday 13 July 2016

The perfect seaside holiday outfit

 

Hello lovely people! 

I do hope this blog post finds you all well. I am very happy to report that I'm in good spirits and incredibly well rested after a much needed getaway at the weekend. My beautiful friend Leigh and I escaped to her family holiday home in the southwest of Scotland in the quaint little seaside town of Portpatrick. We had the most wonderful time exploring the beaches and climbing rocks, as well as eating lots of delicious seafood (and drinking plenty of wine)! 

We arrived in Portpatrick on Friday night at about 7.30pm after an afternoon of driving. After dropping off our suitcases we were both keen to see the sights and I wanted to find an outfit that was comfortable and practical for exploring, whilst still looking chic and stylish. Luckily i'd packed this incredible leopard print jumpsuit from Primark that really ticked all of the boxes and fit my criteria- so happily popped it on and went about our evening. 

I decided to pair the jumpsuit with some big gold hoop earrings- my latest obsession. I feel as though gold hoop earrings will be making their way into more and more of my fashion posts as I seem to be wearing them with everything right now! I also added an unusual gold triangle necklace that was gifted to me for my birthday last year as I thought this made my outfit a little more fancy, which was perfect for eating dinner in a lovely little seaside restaurant. 



Another necessity to this little outfit were some sunglasses. Unfortunately i'd overlooked these when hurriedly packing my suitcase (moral of the story, always pack and plan what you will be wearing in advance!) but my friend Leigh sorted me out by letting me borrow these sweet little circle lens glasses from Primark.


If you're a regular reader of this blog you'll remember me writing about being bolder with my fashion choices and trying new things, abolishing any presupposed "standard" or fashion "rules" I was following or had created for myself. This trend is something that really is only growing stronger as time goes on- I am practically living in jumpsuits and dungarees these days and am no longer afraid to show off my arms or tummy. Yay for continuous body positivity!!

This little leopard print number is no exception to that rule- it fits well, is remarkably comfortable and ultimately looks really good on! I'm wearing a size 18 here which fits my 45-36-45 frame nicely and doesn't pull or gape in the wrong places. I also love just how much attention it brings to my rather large posterior! For reference I am 5'7 and I find the legs to be a nice length when wearing flats, if I were wearing heels it may come up a little short, but I didn't need to worry about that on this trip. 

Another thing I love about this jumpsuit is that it has the holy grail of all fashion finds- pockets! Not only is this incredible practical, but the pockets are well sized to carry around your phone, car keys and lipstick and don't detract from the surprisingly good tailoring. As well as this, the jumpsuit also comes with a matching leopard belt that can be used to cinch the waist. The leopard print motif is also one that I simply adore. Often I find that leopard print can be a bit garish (not that it ever puts me off, haha!) but this particular print blends neatly and doesn't come off too strong. 


I do hope that you're enjoying the photos on this blog post- Portpatrick is without a doubt one of the most beautiful scenic places I've ever seen so I definitely took advantage of the surroundings and got camera happy!

One thing that I've been particularly struck by when writing this post and looking at these photos is how strong and confident I both look and feel. Truthfully I've been in somewhat of a confidence slump as of late, I've not been taking any photos of myself and have felt uninspired when it comes to my wardrobe. Luckily I think getting away for the weekend to the beautiful seaside has allowed me to reconnect with myself and my love of fashion and left me feeling uplifted and positive. 

If this outfit is something you like then you can find all of my assorted bits and pieces on the list below:

Outfit Details
Jumpsuit: Primark 
Sunglasses: Primark 
Earrings: Accessorize
Necklace: New Look
Shoes: New Look


 

 

And that's all for me for now beautiful people. I hope you enjoyed my wee outfit post and holiday pictures and please do check in on the blog for regular updates. 

Until next time darlings, 
Lovelustloves x0


1 comment:

  1. OK, you in this jumpsuit is just everything. It's so wonderfully, perfectly you! I love the cut on you and just wow for the scenery with these photos.

    ReplyDelete